Town of Acton
472 Main Street Acton, Massachusetts, 01720 Telephone (978) 929-6611 Fax (978) 929-6350
Board of Selectmen MEETING AGENDA - Amended Monday, July 11, 2016
6:00 Executive Session
7:00 PM Regular Session Francis Faulkner Hearing Room 204 Acton Town Hall
6:00 PM There will be a need for an Executive Session to discuss strategy with respect to litigation
The docushare link for additional material can be found by clicking here I. Citizens’ Concerns
II. Chairman’s Update / Operational Update
The Chairman will briefly update the Board. The Town Manager will provide a brief report
III. Public Hearings and Appointments
1. 7:10 PM Alleged Underage Service, Red White and Brew
This hearing has been continued to August 8, 2016 at 7:30.
2. 7:45 PM Selectmen to Review and Hold Public Comment on Draft Aggregation Plan
3. 8:00 PM Common Victualler, Oswaldo Filho, Filho’s Cucina, 59 Great Road
4. Selectmen to Ratify Goals and Liaison Assignments
5. Discussion of Fall Town Meeting Including Closing Town Warrant
6. Discussion of Designation of Implementing Authority Pursuant to Section 5.1 of Bylaw X (Acton Special Town Meeting approval 11/10/2015, MA Attorney General approval 2/2/2016, effective 5/10/2016).
7. Selectmen to Approve Acton 2020 Committee Membership Change from 5 Full Members to 3 Full Members.
8. Discussion on a 3 Board Meeting of the Acton-Boxborough Regional School Committee, Finance Committee and Board of Selectmen
9. Meeting Minutes, June 15, 2016
10. One Day Alcoholic Beverage License, Ron Lapinsky, NARA Park, July 23, 2016
11. One Day Alcoholic Beverage License, Optometrics Corporation, NARA Park, July 28, 2016
12. Committee Reappointments, Acton Nursing Services Task Force
13. Committee Appointments, Bill Mullen, Ann Chang, and David Brown, At Large Members, 348-364 Main Street Master Plan Special Committee
14. One Day Alcoholic Beverage License, John Harrington, NARA Park, August 6, 2016
15. Accept Fee, Planning Department
Selectmen to approve a fee deposit totaling $5,000.00 from Keenan & Son, LLP to provide funding for Town Counsel review services associated with the Definitive Subdivision Residential Compound for Jamie’s Way & Thomas Drive as stated in Planning Board Decision #15-07
16. Change in DBA, Po’s Barbecue and Ribs to Ginger Court, ABCC Acknowledgement
17. Executive Session Minutes, June 20, 2016
18. Accept Gift, Natural Resources
Selectmen to accept a gift valuing at $220.00 for a pair of Binoculars donated by the HAARTZ Corporation
19. Accept Gift, Planning Department
Selectmen to accept a gift totaling $500.00 from Nagog Homes, LLC in lieu of the Sidewalk Fund.
20. Accept Gift, Recreation Department
Selectmen to accept a gift totaling $500.00 from the Steinberg Lally Charitable Foundation for payment of services for a Classical Concert held on June 30, 2016
21. Accept Gift, Recreation Department
Selectmen to accept a gift totaling $500.00 from anonymous for payment of services for a Classical Concert held on June 30, 2016
22. Request to Dispose of Obsolete Material, Acton Memorial Library
23. Accept Gift, Planning Department
Selectmen to accept a gift totaling $6,000 from Keenan & Son in lieu of the Sidewalk Fund.
24. Conflict of Interest Disclosure, Jeff Clymer, Planning Board
IV. Selectmen Reports
25. Selectmen Reports are included in the docushare packet.
To facilitate scheduling for interested parties, the following items are scheduled for discussion on future agendas. This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change
• July 18, 2016
• July 25, 2016